ICS Labs Testing Results:
- Impact Testing Information:
- Our units were tested at ICS Laboratories, a leading independent laboratory in North America for testing and conformity assessment of PPE, as well as other independent facilities.
- All tests were conducted at an official NOCSAE speed of 17ft/sec.
- Test Results showed ThundaGear GelShells dropped the force of an impact up to 16.3% and the severity index (SI) was reduced by up to 149 points.
- ICS scientists designed a reliable method to measure temperatures of both the surface of the skull form and the helmet interior on the form, simultaneously.
- Minute-by-minute, 130 readings proved that the ThundaGear GelShells & the helmet stayed significantly cooler. The surface of the skull form stayed an average of 3.5°F cooler wearing the GelShell while the helmet interior stayed an average of 13°F cooler!
Severity Index Test Results
G Force Test Results
Test data represents the peak performance results of a ThundaGear GelShell being independently tested by ICS Laboratories.
Testing was completed using multiple helmet models by different manufactures which are used by players in football today.